Technology Professional with 25 years of innovative experience in team leadership, sales, marketing and product strategy. Solid foundation in business development and technology solution design. Offering winning strategies and analysis in the marketing and delivery of complex software solutions to “C” level executives in banking and enterprise clients. Unique background of success as an individual contributor, leader, executive and a founder in the software and online services business. Reputation for superior executive engagement, presentations and contract negotiation.
- Leads innovative development of go-to market strategies for mobile, online banking and cash management sales. Leverages combination of success in enterprise sales to financial services companies and knowledge of business banking solutions to deliver fast market assessment and key market insights. Strategies include opportunity-based sales, business value initiatives, executive engagement, custom enterprise solutions, building brand architecture and building business partnerships.
- Leads national, cohesive, cross-functional teams to optimal performance. Change Management with Measurable Results. Develops high-performing rising stars by facilitating executive engagement and empowerment. Excels in setting MBO & revenue goals, bonus plans and territory plans, as well as leading teams in implementation, strategy and planning.
ACI Worldwide – Universal Payments 2015–>
Senior Client Executive Retail Banking & Payment Strategy
- ACI Universal Payments empowers organizations with end-to-end enterprise payments capabilities – accelerating time to market, reducing risk, growing revenues and controlling costs.
- Grow Revenue with More Flexible Systems: transaction/payment centric ATM, debit, credit card and consumer payment systems that position you for success and growth – EMV, Tokens, Chip & Pin
- 50% Increase in Speed to Market: Position yourself for success as your payments business with a framework for developing transaction centric applications
- 40% Increase in Operational Savings: Deploy new banking services and capture market share while increasing online and mobile payments cost savings.
- Payment Risk Management – enterprise fraud detection with proven solutions to protect you and your customers across all channels and transaction types. Facilitating a 360 view of risk, driving actionable insight with integration to all customer facing channels
Top Image Systems 2014-2015
Director, Mobile and Banking Practice – North America
Directed sales, business development and product strategy for our mobile products in the America’s – focused on developing partners and direct customers that use our unique mobile document capture solutions. From known solutions like mobile remote deposit capture and mobile image bill pay to leading edge capabilities like omni-channel capture of images for advanced data extraction and processing – let me know if you would like to learn more: NASDAQ: TISA Top Image Systems
Intuit (& Digital Insight) 2005-2013
Director, Key Accounts (2010-2013)
Drove corporate strategy, leading a team of relationship managers to achieve high customer satisfaction, recurring revenue growth, contract renewals and add-on sales. Trained, coached and developed a team with a focus on building a culture of executive engagement and judgment oriented sales. Transformed team focus from territory development and ongoing account management to strategic opportunity-based sales and network growth. Motivated team to support customers during conversion of enterprise product to a new technology platform – personally engaged with executives on escalations. Leveraged commercial banking expertise to engage with cross-functional product and marketing teams to develop business-banking products. Coached extended sales teams to accelerate growth and facilitate innovation.
- Managed customer executive escalations (President, CIO, COO) and sat on cross functional team for major platform upgrade – across over 1,200 customers for a software conversion and data center move.
- Lead several onsite executive meetings with team members working through new customer conversions, implementations and escalations towards customer issue resolution.
- Cross-functional product strategy teams for mobile banking; cash management, customer experience and sales process improvement. Developed with the team, plans and programs for product and process improvement.
- Promoted to lead Key Accounts team of 7, working with existing customers in relationship management to grow and protect over $85M annual revenue. Increased recurring revenue over 14% each year over the past 3 years as a manager (fiscal year runs August until July). Exceeding cross sell and contract renewal goals, driving both customer retention and end-user growth. Exceeded FY2012 sales, revenue and retention goals building on a strong first year in leadership earning Outstanding Achiever Award. Achieved 102% of revenue for FY2011.
Senior Sales Executive, National Accounts (2005-2010)
Developed enterprise sales opportunities and closed them with sustained customer satisfaction. Specialized in executive engagement and discovery. Participated in several cross-functional teams with product, strategy and planning. Coached and partnered with sales staff to develop business-banking opportunities.
- Active participant in the small business, business banking and commercial banking product strategy cross-functional teams. Executed go to market strategy as a player coach developing a pipeline of $52M in business banking opportunities and closing big name accounts such as BankUnited, Beneficial and Mainsource.
- Developed best practices and processes for business-banking sales and marketing, including team training.
- Summit Club (CEO) Winner for achieving over 120% of quota in FY2008, MVP (Top Seller) in FY2009. Promoted to Director, Key Accounts in FY2010.
- Closed several multi-million dollar sales in each territory role including Bank of Nevada, Bangor Savings Bank, Firstrust and Hudson Valley. Participated in the implementation and execution of these conversion projects
Financial Fusion (Sybase, Inc.) 2002-2005
Solutions Consultant & Sales Manger
An Independent Consultant brought in to help build the commercial online banking product. Served as a subject matter expert (SME) for product development and implementation projects. Hired by the company to lead direct sales effort, selling new cash management services and products to existing and new customers. Developed and sold new business to several large financial institutions in the US; utilizing complex, in-house custom implementations of integrated online banking solutions for retail, small business and commercial bank customers.
- Engaged both for market strategy & then product management/development – participated in most of the initial cash management product implementations facilitating enhancements, custom development and project acceleration.
- Developed strategic marketing and sales strategy for a new commercial banking product.
- Exceeded goals for new corporate banking customer sales with 7 new customers from 2003 to 2004.
Docucorp International (Acquired by Oracle, Inc.) 2001-2002
Practice Leader, Banking Team
Hired and managed Geographic Sales Team, setting sales goals, commission and territory plans. Collaborated with the marketing team to build brand architecture for targeting financial services industry.
- Top performer with sales increase over 100% from FY01 to FY02.
- Collaborated to initiate a vertical market for the banking industry including marketing and product development.
Zyman Marketing Group 2000-2001
Vice President, Sales
Worked with Sergio Zyman, former Chief Marketing Officer for the Coca Cola Company, for this “.com” start-up.
Magnet Communications, Inc. (Now Bottomline/Intuit) 1997-2000
Vice President, Sales & Sales Support
Founder, responsible for the initial development of Direct and Channel Sales organization. Developed the marketing strategy for business partners and strategic alliance while closing the majority of the new business in 1997 and 1998. This was until a formal sales and sales support operation was implemented in mid 1998 when I was promoted to team lead.
- Senior leadership team – worked to develop and implement best practices for implementation, development and execution of complex commercial online banking solutions at both large & small financial institutions nationwide
- Business Development: Consistently on target, exceeding revenue booking goals and achieving MBO goals, growing revenue from $200K to $8M in three years. Managed direct sales team of 5 sales representatives and 4 sales engineers through rapid growth.
- Developed strategic reseller and alliance business development partnerships, trained and supported their sales efforts resulting in $1M in additional, indirect revenue.
- Directly engagement with the President, Board of Directors and investors through 3 rounds of VC funding.
Major Accounts Manager – Mobius Management Systems, Inc.; District Manager – Microdynamics, Ltd.
Education & Professional Development
University of Maryland College of Business and Management
Bachelor of Science, Marketing/Decision & Information Sciences
Proficient in MS Office, Spreadsheet & Database Design/Modeling, HTML/Web Design, Literate in Cloud, Internet & SaaS